Thursday, October 06, 2005

beer and clothing

Oct 1 seattle paramount w/ff and tvotr
Day 1 with the new Yorkers and it is big ups all round. We get to load in and the paramount is a beautiful old theatre with some of the best staff I have come across in this country. Tremendously helpful, easy load, great cater and a maza like back stage. The cutters hit the stage bright and early and knock em dead(we sell 24 cd/s!). tv on the radio deliver the goods to follow, but it is all franz and the capacity crowd lets em know it. Christ I see people out on the dance floor who are o.a.p./s cutting the rug. The mack tells me it is the best bunch of non old school scheisse he has seen in yonks and I must concur. They slay em big time. So not to be outdone, it is up to us scrubs to deliver the after party which begins promptly at the comet tavern with much of the tour party from Glasgow and Melbourne in attendance though dw and ms decline the invite. s/alright, hoey/ll drink for Australia, and with tvotr splitting before starting, the wax and I will do so for nyc. Seattle, needless to say, is well represented. And so it’s the comet, then the shell station for tinnies, newmeyer and I earn our shekels tonight. Then its cabs and a dance party and lajeunesse and his chica take over the hosting duties with pretty girls make graves and al;l forms of hipster detritus. I hit the pavement at 3am with enough second hand smoke to keep Virginia slims in bidness.
Oct 2 seattle paramount same bill
A wee it thinner tonight but raucous all the same. I spend the day at Safeco watching the mariners get their hat handed to em. Attn m/s mgmt- mike Hargrove is a loser, you will continue to lose with him. But hey Safeco is brilliant, the mack and I nurse the heads and arctic temperatures with some mochas and banter and te poor sod had his car nicked for the third time last night. I begin to get paranoid about the condition of my ride. Anyhoo, we hike it up hill after the game back to the paramount and some catering, then the show and load out and back to the hotel and bed, but everyonbe is calling me to tell me about the chacha after party which I would have liked to hit but I was ensconced in acctg and hbo Sundays(is larry david really funny? I can/t tell, and I can/t understand why someone does not put the head in-ed). Like I said, everyone is at the chacha, including Carlucci of murder city devils fame,looking good off the road. I beg off, too much secretarial scheisse and some driving coming up. Besides, tomorrow is pdx.
Oct 3 pdx roseland theatre w/ff. tvotr
Well what was sposed to be an easy day turns to scheisse reall early. It is my 1 year anniversary of not smoking and every test is taken today to get me to celebrate by starting again.
The car does not start and takes three different attempts and 3 hours to start. The hire company is being far from helpful, but we make it to pdx where it refuses to start again and I somehow manage to get it to a ford dealership(landmark ford in Tigard Oregon, ask for dave koon!) to fix what everyone says is the catalytic converter. Well 4 hours later it is not, it is a rancid battery that nearly bursts and is fixed and I am back for load out and to the hotel. At which time it is duly noted that dungen is across the street at the doug fir, or 14 naked girls dancing to the blues explosion at union jacks with $4 pints of fat tire. Swedish indie rock loses out to a Portland tradition(every time!). properly scoobied, I am cigarette free for 1 year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home