Wednesday, September 20, 2006

kinkos anyone?

Sunday September 17 koln stollwerk
Shit loads of advance tix in this old chocolate factory on the rhein. Tomorrow is a day off(hahahahahaha) and we are in hotels for both nights. Yippee. The show takes off in a schick center quit smoking advert. I am going to get emphysema by the time I get out of Europe. Someone bites peaches toe early in the set, and she stops the show to belt her one, or so. The band carries on without missing a note. Tis a nice gig in koln, first time I have enjoyed myself at this venue to be sure, but then again tis the first time it is all working correctly. Mr opper is in town to hang with his missus, so that’s a good vibe. We have a brief after party in the catering and head back to the hotel for the day off. I am sick as fuck and drink a bottle of red and watch an adult movie to put me to sleep. Bill hicks would/ve been proud of the quality.
Monday sept 18 koln off
So it is a morning of rain, the deutsche bank, copy shops(open up a speedy printer inside the dom and make a fortune) and the deutsche post and , super cuts where I get shorn by a lovely little german lass and tip the unthinkable, and then back to the shack for some vomiting and then the lentil soup which comes back up the same way and I am really fucked and hyperventilating, yet somehow manage to pay off the bus company invoice, watch a german futbol match, pay 11 euros for a spike lee movie, but switch to the bill hicks dream show(no wahwah petal or hbma/s, just pure unadulterated filth) still I fall asleep. Is this shit tax deductible? I hyperventilate and vomit through my migraine all night long.
Tuesday sept 19 schorndorf manufaktur
A cool community center next to the railway tracks not far from Stuttgart. What I see of the drive is gorgeous, real bucolic germany. We are greeted with the typical hospitality of these types of places. Welcoming and attitude free, tomorrow is a dance company and yesterday was the dizzy Gillespie cover band. Rock clubs should take note. You do not cure cancer, yu only attempt to put on rock shows, and most of you cannot do it properly.
Yes so anyhoo, back to the shack. I am convinced that I am going to keel over if I have to breathe in 1 more cigarette second hand. For a country that is so green, these fuckers sure can smoke.
We watch the white stripes on you tube from their simpsons thing, then do the show. I confiscate a video camera in the first song, it seems that the guy is diddling his gf during the set, though not on film. I wheeze my way through their 90 minutes, and clamber in my bunk/coffin, awaking some hours later in Frankfurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home