Tuesday, January 05, 2021

effluvium

The Georgia run off sounds like the effluvium of some broken backwater septic irregularity, and given that two of the contestants are some of the more vile creatures in American politics , you might not be too far from the truth. My head is reeling from all of the possibilities of today, tomorrow and next week. None of them good, that much is certain. It is remarkable to me how far this country has fallen , and I have spent many years of my adult life living abroad and looking elsewhere for reassurance or affirmation. I sacrificed my 20’s and regularity to avoid the American experience. I married a European to get away, if only for a minute. I have seen all 50 states and marvel at the beauty and ugliness of America and americans. Who are the loudest people at the louvre, the whiniest at the wailing wall, the most ignorant in izmir? Ding ding ding. yet I love American quirks and earnestness, of a certain dying breed, at least. And where else can you feed the alligators, take in a minor league baseball game, suck down dozens of fresh gulf oysters, get a lap dance deluxe, and top it all off with small batch popcorn and a foreign film in the same day for under $100 bucks? America, or florida , at least. We have so much work to do as a society and today. Whats left of my life’s goals involve freedom – of movement, of thought, of speech- and we ain/t going anywhere til the goobers get out of the house(and the senate and the supermarket). So do the right thing Georgia, and kick the goobers out. The inside traitors can go back to the safety of their mcmansions and carpet bag r to their hearts content without blanket approval.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home