Wednesday, July 12, 2006

the rust belt blues



Friday june 29 burgettstown, pa (insert sponsor) AMPHITHEATRE
Hot and muggy and in the sticks, we are in pennsyltucky, friends. But alas, it is a nice place, the peeps are very friendly, and all the NIN crew are knocking golf balls in a lake next to the busses. We watch some glorious world cup action, namely italy beating the Ukraine, and go about our day. Peaches keeps rocking the early crowd and even the west Virginians get into it tonight. I am still running into the crowd, which will not likely change. We do our bit and it is back to the bus for some ddraft Guinness and bbq, at which point I am summonsed to catering to hang out with nick z and his missus. Tres bizarre, but life is too short innit. I have a great time with the two of them, and even manage to watch the show until I am booted from the luxury box. Backstage we rifle through Bauhaus wine stock, catch the lobster tank activity, say our farewells and hit the high road towards chitown.
Saturday june 30 tinley park , il (insert todays sponsor) AMPHITHEATER
We get in the a.m. and it is all about the humidity and the world cup. Nice, almost home, and I can feel it. Great venue in the sticks outside Chicago, all spirits are heightened, me thinks.
I watch a little bit of the brazil match, then it is off to collect a journalist from Scotland who is painfully lost, not unlike englands world cup chances. Poor, peach is ensconced in euro phoners au gogo. Sounds painful. The show is another crowd pleaser,, I am completely shagged out from the night before and actually fall asleep , or try to, at 10pm. Waking up in Milwaukee to the sight of lake Michigan.
Sunday july 1 marcus amphitheater, Milwaukee , wi
So here we are at summer fest, mark the lampy and I head off to catering and are frightened away. Hey now and I head out to say hey to the odb, who is here with ray davies. Nice day on the lake to eat a culver butter burger! Everyone is out on bikes and what not, and joan jett is in the house to catch peaches set. Afterwards, the girls head out to see joans set, I chill on thye bus with my butter burger, and at one point , we laod and go towards Indianapolis for our last show before a couple of days off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home