Thursday, November 26, 2020

giving thanks

My lips are bleeding and I don/t know why. I wonder where my covid tests are but as I am not today interacting with anyone other than a barista from 6 feet away, I don/t care. I like the fact that I slept until 530am , and hate the fact that I didn’t jump up immediately to exercise. I fantasize about a bacon cheeseburger for breakfast but eat muesli instead. I am thankful that I do not live in a food desert and that my son is a hugger. I wonder why the recycling and garbage were not collected yesterday and it bums me out. I think about long ago European November mornings in train stations of waking up cold with a boot gently nudging you from a prone position to urge you out before the white collar commuters arrive. I think about the milky coffee and strong cigarette that will soon follow. I am unsettled and uninspired by everything that I pick up to read and soon put down to pick up another and I am thankful that I have the resources and interest to do that. I think about my parents and remaining family 3000 miles away beginning their day with those that they have at hand, and this morning , I am thankful for that. I look at the dishes in the sink and surmise that they are not going to wash themselves. The rain has abated, and with it the music of rain on aluminum awnings that soothing sound now replaced by oversized vehicles driven by leadfoot ignoramuses with horn fetishes. i am thankful for the dodgers and the lakers . I try to remember the name of the girl in college, whose father invented the sound of the back up device on the forklift in front of my house right now,that gave us her Volvo to drive to mexico for easter in 1987. After a lovely cup of pg tips, my lips are no longer bleeding and I don/t know why , and I am thankful for that. i head out in the rain to see a man about a cat, and i wonder if the donut shop on montrose will be open- the guilty pleasures in life, the been there dun well. to the boston creams and almandine, i am definitely thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home